- All transmitters are to be switched off and antennas collapsed and left in the transmitter stand when not in use.
- Transmitters my only be switched on when a peg with a VALID membership & SAMAA card & frequency is placed on the frequency board.
- I (member) shall operate my model aircraft using only the ICASA and SAMAA approved and published/gazetted radio control frequencies.
- Only the pilot may place and remove his/her VALID membership card on the frequency board.
- The use of a frequency is restricted to 30 (thirty) minutes maximum, unless an official competition is in progress.
- All pupil pilots must be accompanied by an instructor while flying. I (member) shall not fly my model aircraft in the presence of spectators
until I become a qualified flier, unless accompanied, and under the instruction of an experienced R/C pilot.
- I (member) shall perform my initial turn after take-off, away from the pilots, spectators, clubhouse and parking area, and I shall not thereafter
intentionally fly over the pit area, spectator area, or parking area.
- Only the pilot in command and his/her assistants are allowed onto the flying area at any time.
- I (member) shall not deliberately fly a model aircraft without visual contact (i.e. model aircraft to be kept within line of sight of the R/C pilot
at ALL times).
- NO equipment is to be left on the runways.
- Do not taxi aircraft in the pit area. Aircraft are to be carried or wheeled in a safe manner. All engines to be cut at the end of BOTH taxiways
after each flight – therefore not taxiing onto the square start up area.
- No starting or tuning of motors or repairs of aircraft to be done under the shelter or in the pits. ONLY ON THE TAR SQUARE provided.
- All power pilots are to have a caller and to stay within hearing distance of each other and away from the runway in use.
- I (member) shall not wilfully or deliberately fly my model aircraft in a careless, reckless and/or dangerous manner.
- All landing aircraft take priority over aircraft waiting to take off at ALL times.
- All beat-ups and low passes are to be done in a safe place and orderly fashion away from spectators and other pilots.
- At the discretion of club management, helicopters should be allowed to fly in a circuit with fixed wing model aircraft, provided that the
helicopter is flown by a proficient pilot in a manner which does NOT interfere with the other model aircraft flying in the circuit.
- No pilot of a model aircraft, helicopter, 3D model, Fun Fly and park flyer is permitted to:
(a) fly his aircraft in the opposite direction to model aircraft in the circuit.
(b) hover his aircraft over the runway or in the circuit if other model aircraft are flying.
(c) do “shoot ups” over the runway.
- 3D aerobatic aircraft and electric aircraft will comply with all model aircraft safety rules and will fly within the approved circuit at the flying field.
- A Safety Officer must be appointed by the representative concerned. In his absence, the members present must elect a safety officer for
the day. The Safety Officer’s name is to be displayed on the notice board.
- Disciplinary action will be taken against any member for the infringement of the rules.
- NO alcohol allowed in the pits or on the flight line.
- I (member) shall not operate my model aircraft while under the influence of alcohol or judgement impairing drugs.
- I (member) have read the SAMAA safety rules as published on the R.M.A.C. website – www.rmac.co.za
- I shall observe the SAMAA SAFETY CODE, the SAMAA SAFETY CODE FOR R/C FIELD OPERATIONS, the SIG SPORTING CODES, the
RULES AND GUIDELING set down in THE PROCEDURES contained in the SAMAA OPERATING MANUAL and the REGULATIONS of the
CLUB or FLYING FIELD that I am using when flying my model aircraft.
- I further fully understand that consequences and liabilities arising from
my deliberate contravention of the Rules and Guidelines is solely my responsibility.
- IMPORTANT information: Please note that the height limit for model aircraft at R.M.A.C. is 400ft AGL.
- PLEASE take evasive action should any full size aircraft encroach our field – they
ALWAYS have the RIGHT OF WAY!